Most Students Do PartySafe @ Cal Alcohol and Party Risk Management Shifting the College Drinking Culture Alcohol Laws and Enforcement Education and Counseling Home Page College Drinking: Consumption and Harm

Alcohol and Party Risk Management








Important Contacts

Alcohol Overdose

In the News


  • Keep the noise level down, especially after 10pm when Berkeley's "quiet hours" begin.
  • Keep the party inside the residence and don't let guests hang out in front of your house.
  • If neighbors contact you about noise, respect their interests and appreciate that they are talking with you directly rather than calling the police.
  • If there is a noise complaint and the police arrive and corroborate it, you'll be asked to break up the party. Do so as quickly and safely as possible. Despite serving a city of 100,000, City of Berkeley Police estimate that 90% of the noise complaints it receives are from the area near campus. Depending on all the circumstances, you may also receive a Second Response Ordinance warning or fine up to $2500.

PartySafe@Cal is a program of University Health Services in collaboration with other campus and community organizations.
The mission is to reduce harm associated with drinking in the campus area.
To volunteer or for more information call 510-642-7202 or email